Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patricks Day

 


I think I said I was going to try to post more often so I didn't need to do so many at the same time...... obviously, I haven't met that goal this time :) I think this is the 10th post in a row..... and I'm not done yet.
In preparation for St Patricks Day I made a rainbow decoration and the kids made leperchaun traps. That was a very involved activity. Jackson had elaborate ideas that included tying things to the fridge handles and such. We had to tell him he couldn't set it all up until the night before...... Maggie got into it too and made her own trap. Her trap is the one is the picture. Somehow we missed a picture of Jackson's. I'm sure we will have a chance to try again next year.The leperchaun left a note that said they almost tricked him and then he turned all of our food green.... pancakes, eggs, milk, orange juice.... the kids thought it was great. In retrospect we might need to use a more natural food dye for it next year. I'm not sure all that color sat well with the kids. I love St. Patricks Day. It's another one of those low key but fun to get involved in holidays :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: