Wednesday, March 23, 2011

someone is SEVEN

 


This was what Jackson wanted for a cake. We had decided on a robot theme a little while ago so I did a google search for robot cakes with him. He saw this one and decided that was it. We showed him other cool cakes but he was sold on the idea of everyone picking their own donut!

 


 


Opening presents..... He got a lot of Legos... he spent the next few days building the sets. He was a pretty happy guy. He also got some Junie B. books, the bike, a magnifier, an iron man mask and a few other odds and ends.

 


 


This is the robot pinata that we made for his party. He really wanted a pinata but the closest thing we could find to a robot was an Optimus Prime pinata at Walmart for $20 so we decided to make one. I took a number of boxes and spray painted them silver then I handed the mass to Matt and said I need a robot pinata. I love engineer husbands :) I think the robot turned out excellent and Jackson was very impressed. The kids loved hitting it. It didn't break as easily as I thought it would.... Matt put candy in the head, the body and both legs. The kids loved that they got to break apart so many pieces and that so many had a chance to break it.

It was a fun day. I can't believe I have a SEVEN year old. He's a great kid. His favorite things to do are build with legos, watch Ben 10 (or almost any movie really), play in the sand box, create anything and everything and play with friends. He's getting very independent and loves to get his own cereal, make his own sandwiches, microwave anything we let him, and help me out. He is great at helping me when I ask with dishes, laundry, vacuuming, mopping....

No comments: