Sunday, August 1, 2010

Flower Pencils

 



You have probably seen flower pens somewhere...... I first saw them a few years ago at our doctors office. They said to go ahead and grab a pen to sign something..... uh, where are the pens? They were right there in a little bucket full of dried beans, it looked like a flower pot decoration. Very cute.
Anyway, I decided to try to make it a little different. So we looked for flowers of different colors to put on the matching colored pencils. Then if they were "planted" the kids would know what color they were grabbing. It was harder than I thought to find the colors I needed. I am, obviously, still missing some. I also got the wrong kind of stem wrap and it was super sticky after wrapping. So I will need to get something different. Anyway..... if you are doing a bunch of them in the same color - it's fairly easy to find the flowers cheap. A variety is a lot harder.
They turned out fairly well. I find that my urge to craft and create is so much stronger here in the apartment than it has been for awhile. I think I need to control something - to feel like I'm accomplishing something. So much of our lives are up in the air right now that it feels good to be grounded by creating something.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: