Friday, August 20, 2010

Pool Party

 
Jackson's school hosted a back 2 school party for all the kids. These guys loved it!! They are all water bugs :) I got life jackets for all of them so they don't stress me out completely when I am the only one with them. Especially because the pools around here seem really lax on the lifeguard side....... Jackson still loves to get things off the bottom of the pool. He also really wanted to be able to go off the diving board without his life jacket so he practiced and practiced. He made a lot of progress and did go off the board without it but just a few times before he realized it was really hard work. He needs to build up his swimming muscles! Hailey will just swim around and do her own thing - I really have to keep an eye on her or she just goes off on her own. Maggie also swims around with no fear. She wouldn't go off the diving board this time though. It was a little higher than the last pool we were at. She went off that board no problem. Although Maggie was definitely more interested in the snacks at the party than she was in swimming this time. Hailey kept getting on the board and jumping but she didn't want to go off into the water. She just wanted to jump on it. She gets cold easily and once that happens her ambition goes away and she plays out of the water. After Jackson watched the teenage boys doing tricks off the board he was trying it out. Good thing that life jacket adds some padding he did a number of back and belly flops. I wish I had video of him trying the back flips - he mostly would do a back dive but with no hesitation. Sometimes he amazes me! We really need to swim more. They all LOVE it.
Posted by Picasa



1 comment:

Marissa said...

I know exactly what you mean. After being a lifeguard I don't think I can trust any others. I have to use lifejackets or I'd have a heart attack with so many kids to watch now. We just got Boston a jacket like Hailey's. I love it!
Brooklyn is doing pretty well swimming without a jacket now. YAY!