Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hailey is 2!

 
Today is Hailey 2nd birthday. I can't believe it's here already. It seemed so far away when Caleb was born and now it has come and gone. It was kind of fun to decorate a little more for her party. Usually I am playing with the cake but 1- our oven doesn't work and 2- we have almost no counter space so I opted to buy an ice cream cake instead of making one. I was a little sad - I love to make their cakes. None of them got homemade cakes this year. Ho hum. Maggie helped me with the presents and wrapping. They turned out very cute. We just used plain pink wrapping paper and taped black mickey cut outs on them. We tied a minnie inspired ribbon on another and that's it. Hailey's very cute mickey ears were just a template that I printed off and taped to black cardstock to make a headband. I tied a pink bow and glued it on. She was so cute! :) She kept it on for quite awhile. She was excited when she woke up from her nap and saw all her presents at the table. She said "birthday", "open". So we did the cake and cupcakes. She loved blowing out her candle. She kept saying "birthday, blow" the rest of the day. Then we started in on the presents. She would open one, play with it for few minutes and then open another. She had "present" down really well by the end too. This is a little unrelated but something I would like to remember from this age so.... she likes to play a game a little like marco polo. She calls out "Momma?" and I say "What, Hailey?" over and over until she tracks me down. This happens almost everytime I leave the room :) She is quite attached to me. Most of the time I don't really mind. It does make doing the dishes and cooking dinner a little difficult. Either I am tripping over her or she has her hands in the middle of it.
Posted by Picasa


No comments: