Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Capitol Reef camping


We haven't camped as a family very much so I was a little nervous about this trip. Mostly about the food. I didn't want to take a cooler and worry about keeping it filled with ice so I planned everything accordingly. It went really well and was not a big deal at all :) Next time I won't waste my time worrying!


The landscape was amazing. It's pretty neat how much things can change in a short distance. This park is about 4 hours from us. A lot of Southern Utah is similiar to this park.


This was a hot, dusty hike - about a mile in and another mile out. It wore the kids out but the scenery was amazing. Most of the whining came from Caleb (although Maggie did her fair share - her face says it all) whose legs kept hurting - from his asthma, I think. I kept giving him piggybacks but he was totally done in and not a fan of hiking after that. The second he stepped on the next trail and realized we were going on another hike - he had a total meltdown. Once I got him calmed down and he realized it was more playing in the water than hiking he loved it :) The trail criss crosses a shallow creek. They all loved that. I wish we had discovered that one sooner. They were all wet and muddy so they all had to change for the drive home. 


So fun to climb and explore!


A neat, old village we drove down to explore.


This was at our campground. In the woods right behind our spot. The kids loved playing in it and adding to it.

No comments: