Friday, January 6, 2012

ICE skating



We went to one of those free night timeshare promotions...... it was at a very cool resort. No, we didn't buy anything but we did go ice skating with all the kids for the first time. So funny to see all their personalities come out in an activity like that. I get out on the ice first with Hailey, Caleb and Maggie. Sometimes I don't know what I'm thinking..... Matt was trading skate sizes for Jackson. I was holding Caleb with both hands while Maggie held the wall and Hailey alternated between me and the wall. Caleb thinks it's great and slides his feet all over really fast. Hailey is slightly nervous but really wants me to hold onto to her so she can "go better", Maggie is fine holding the wall and happily inching along. Next thing I know Jackson goes whooshing by and crashes into the wall at the far end. Matt comes skating up and does a pretty good slide stop considering he hasn't been on skates in years. He used to work at an ice rink - just before I met him. Jackson gets right back up, takes off and falls down. He does this over and over until he gets the hang of it. By the time we get off the ice he's up more than down. His pants are soaked from falling but he's begging to skate longer. Matt helped out with Hailey and Caleb who also loved it but started to get cold. Caleb refused to wear gloves. I went around a few times with Maggie who liked it but seemed just as happy holding the wall. I look over to see her pants wet (not from ice).....shoot. All of this happens in about 15 min. So I take Maggie, Hailey and Caleb so we can get dry clothes for Maggie. Matt and Jackson stay and skate until we get back. Whew. It wears me out just reading about it again. I only have a pic of Matt and Jackson. I will add it soon. Jackson has been begging to go again. In fact everyone really enjoyed it. It was just a little rink. I can imagine the look on Jackson's face when he sees a full size rink and he's allowed out on it. We will probably try to go again this winter. We just need two more adults...... :)Rollerblades may not be too far off.

No comments: