Friday, December 3, 2010

House + Tree

 


Well, we finally closed on our house!! On Nov. 18th we did all the final paperwork. It took 11 weeks from start to finish and we didn't even get in to get anything done. We wanted to get a lot done before winter hit but because it all took so long we won't have a chance to do hardly anything. Especially because all of our help had come and gone before closing!! Bad planning on my end - I was so anxious to get it all done.
It feels good to be in a house and have space again. I don't know that it has helped us like it around here any more - but at least we aren't completely on top of each other and that definitely helps. Everyone has calmed down a bit now that they can stretch out. I definitely love having a washer and dryer again. and a dishwasher. and ice/water in the front of the fridge :)A backyard has been wonderful too. I feel like a better parent when the kids get time to play outside!!

About the tree...... so amidst all the moving of boxes...... we found a christmas tree left behind by the previous owners (two trees actually)so we set them up to see if they worked. Both did. One of them is in Jackson's room. He thinks that's great. We also hung some lights in the girls room. We haven't found lights for the outside yet - the kids are a little disappointed about that.

So now we unpack. That is always a long process with little kids around. They want to help way too much. They are very excited about all their things that they haven't seen for the past 10 months. Crazy that our stuff has been in storage for that long!! We obviously don't need it all..... but now that we have it back I remember missing it and I don't want to part with it. I'm quite the pack rat. That should probably be something I focus on fixing...... :) We have waaaaaay too many toys because I don't want to get rid of any. That's why I want to open a children's museum. Then I have an excellent excuse to have LOTS of toys and fun stuff :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: