Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa

 


I do a terrible job taking pictures when people visit. I really need to change that.

My parents came out for just over a week. The plan was for them to help us paint and move into our new house. However, we still haven't closed!! Issues have just kept coming up and we have been waiting and waiting. We went under contract 8 weeks ago!! Grr. We hope to close next week but are both so frustrated with the whole thing that who knows what might happen.

Anyway, it was really nice to have my parents out for a visit. We don't see them very often so it was actually nice that it turned out to be just a visit instead of a working vacation :) They got to do some touristy things and the kids got to play with them alot. Both things that would have been harder to do if we were busy with a house. But that means we might be trying to do everything with the house on our own. That is much, much harder.

All of this makes me want to live close to extended family. The way things used to be. Our culture is so much different now but I wish it wasn't. I wish the kids could grow up playing with their cousins and learning new things from their grandparents, aunts and uncles. Instead we are all spread from coast to coast.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: