Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bring the rain

 

 

 



It has rained A LOT here. Thunderstorms are often and it downpours! Storms in the west are just not like that very often and if they are they are pretty short lived but here? a heavy, heavy downpour can last HOURS. In the spring I bought rain gear for all of the kids because you would get soaked just going out for a few minutes. They have loved it. Hailey isn't wearing her jacket - it's orange. I wanted a little more neutral color so Caleb can wear it next.
When we came in one of our surrogate grandparents - they have a couple in this complex - asked if she could take a picture because she thought they were all so cute in their rain stuff. The very next day she brought me framed copies of the pictures!! She also brings her cat out for them to pet every once in awhile.
The kids love splashing around - like most kids do! Nothing like being allowed to do it! Hailey and Jackson still got water in their boots but Maggie didn't. Keeping their pants and socks dry was the main motivation behind the rain pants. I think they may be a little big and that doesn't help matters.
Maggie was so funny. She started dancing and spinning around in the puddles - as you can see in one of her pictures. That girl will sing and dance anywhere and everywhere.
Anyway since we are prepared now - I don't mind the rain - as much :) Now I need a jacket and pants for me.........
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

John and Kami said...

I miss the rain! I love thunderstorms back east. I used to take Emily out to dance in the rain and splash in the puddles too :)