Friday, November 21, 2014

A long, long way to run


At the end of 4th grade there is a mile run for 4th and 5th graders who want to participate. I was pretty surprised when Jackson said he wanted to do it. Not a lot of distance running happens around here :) Matt ran with him a couple of times beforehand to 'train'. Jackson was completely wiped out at the end of the race and hated it but not long after he was smiling and said he enjoyed it. I think that had to do with the ribbon and the cookie. I will be kind of surprised if he chooses to do it again in 5th grade but I also get surprised by these amazing kiddos fairly often. There is a short kid friendly tri-athlon that I am going to try to get everyone to participate in...... the problem? who will do the running portion????

No comments: