Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July decorations

 


I didn't take any pics of our fireworks this year - we had 5 other kids here so we were a bit busy keeping little hands off! :) The kids loved it as always. On the 4th itself we went over to friends house for a BBQ. We took our big, blow up waterslide for all the kids to play on. We were there for hours and had lots of good food and fun. It was at the house of the family we trade babysitting with. They are pretty amazing. They have six kids, ages 12-3, and their house isn't huge but they are more than willing to invite people over for a party and work with what they have. I am always wishing we invited people over more but I put if off until this project is done or that room is finally super clean..... so it never happens. My goal is to be more relaxed and work with what we have because it's the people that matter not the things :) Maybe we will start with a "the-deck-is-done" party. Wait, that means I'm putting it off until a project is done.....hmmm.
I only made one decoration for the 4th this year. That red, white and blue pennant flag over the fireplace. It was pretty quick and easy. I recovered that lampshade shortly beforehand too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: